ABE is a not-for-profit qualifications awarding body, providing high quality and relevant business training and UK accredited qualifications to those who aspire to build careers in business.
Based in the UK and growing worldwide, it is ABE’s mission to make the same high quality training and qualifications accessible and affordable in developing nations through local study, enabling its members to create wealth for their local communities.
ABE’s values – passion, results driven, customer focus, innovation and quality – are embedded in the organisation’s culture and help to drive an ongoing process of effective performance management and personal development.
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive will drive the business as the head of the executive team and act as an ambassador for ABE in the UK and Internationally. Reporting to the Chair of the Board, the Chief Executive provides strategic and operational leadership to ensure growth and to retain and build upon its brand reputation.
The eligible candidate will possess significant strategic leadership and qualifications experience in a business to business organisation of some complexity, and within a competitive global market, particularly in the UK, Africa and SE Asia. They will also have a demonstrable passion for education with experience within the FE, HE or qualifications sector and a good understanding of the wider political, economic and social environment in which ABE’s education and membership services are delivered.
The current strategic priorities to allow ABE to focus and grow are to:
- Raise ABE’s brand as the global leader in vocational business education and entrepreneurialism in particular
- Develop and deliver quality, innovative, market focussed and commercially viable products and services
- Create successful partnerships to grow the business and accelerate the delivery of qualifications and educational services
- Deliver on new technologies and streamlined processes for a more efficient and customer friendly service
- Engage with customers and stakeholders to attract and retain learners and high quality centres
- Lead, develop and engage with our people to manage change and perform in line with our mission, vision and values
The Chief Executive will be instrumental in delivering these strategies, working closely with the Board and senior leadership team.
For further information on this unique position, please download the job description below.Job Description
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion around the role and the organisation, please contact Ken Dalgleish or Donogh O’Brien on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please click here to submit your covering letter and CV. We would also be grateful if you could include the following information:
- Current salary / package.
- Current notice period.
- Details of two referees (please note that referees will not be contacted until offer stage or without prior consent)
If you do not receive an acknowledgment of your application within one hour please contact Lauren Neil on 0141 212 7555 to ensure it has been received.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on their application matching the detail provided in the job description. We would therefore ask applicants to provide clear evidence to show how your experience, skills and knowledge match those requirements as well as why you are interested in the role.
Please be aware of the following key dates in the recruitment timeline:
|Closing Date||Monday 19th December 2016|
|Longlist Interviews||Thursday 12th January 2017|
|Shortlist Interviews||Wednesday 25th January 2017|