Glasgow Science Centre
Glasgow Science Centre is one of Scotland's must-see visitor attractions - presenting concepts of science and technology in unique and inspiring ways.
Glasgow Science Centre is an independent Scottish Charity (SCO30809) the aims of which are:
- To create interactive experiences that inspire, challenge and engage to increase awareness of science for all in Scotland;
- To enhance the quality of science and technology learning;
- To communicate the role of leading edge science and technology in shaping Scotland's future;
- To build partnerships to develop our national role in science communication and education;
- To promote Scotland's science, education and innovation capability.
Non Executive Chair and Trustees
The Board, currently lead by Sir Jim McDonald, is strong and its vision is clear. We require a new Chair with commercial focus and credibility to guide the Board to deliver our corporate strategy and to build on the considerable success that has been achieved in recent years.
From the start you’ll forge a strong relationship with key internal and external stakeholders and provide robust and inspirational leadership. Part leader, part ambassador you will build active collaborations with the Scottish Government and beyond.
We are also looking for up to four Trustees. With a keen interest in science we are looking for candidates with Board experience.
The positions are non-remunerated.
Further information about the roles and the Glasgow Science Centre is available as follows:
- Chair – Job Description and Person Specification
- Trustees – Job Description and Person Specification
- Glasgow Science Centre
- Corporate Strategy
- Herald Editorial
- Accounts 2014
- Accounts 2015
For a confidential discussion contact Donogh O’Brien or Katy Gall at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
How to Apply
Please provide the following:
- An up to date CV.
- A supporting statement - indicating how you meet the criteria and competencies for the role. Please also provide the following detail:
- Details of two referees – these will not be contacted without your permission.
To submit your application please click on the relevant role:
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview by matching the details given on their application against the Job Description and Person Specification. We would therefore ask applicants to provide clear evidence to show how your experience, skills and knowledge match those requirements.
Please note that you will receive an acknowledgement of your application within 48 hours - if you do not receive this please contact Katy Gall.
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th May 2016
Interviews: week commencing 13th June 2016
Closing date for applications: Monday 13th June 2016
Interviews: To be confirmed (to involve newly appointed Chair)