Student Loans Company
Head of Talent Management
We are a non-profit making government-owned organisation that administers loans and grants to 1.5m students annually. We have a total of 8.5m customers and, as at March 2020, manage a loan book worth £156.5bn.
Our mission is to enable people to invest in their futures through further and higher education by providing trusted, transparent, flexible and accessible student finance services.
Our vision is to ensure that SLC is widely recognised as enabling student opportunity and delivering an outstanding customer experience in the efficient delivery of the four UK Governments’ further and higher education finance policies.
We play a central role in supporting the higher education (HE) and further education (FE) sectors. We do this by making timely and accurate payments of Maintenance Loans to learners and Tuition Fee Loans to HE and FE providers.
We work with the Department for Education (DfE, England), and the devolved administrations in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. We also work with the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), the Education Authority for Northern Ireland (EANI), HE and FE providers and other delivery partners.
- manage the full end-to-end ‘apply, assess, pay and repay’ process for undergraduates in England and Wales and provide the payment and repayment parts of this service for Scotland and Northern Ireland; we also maintain the assessment systems and online portals used for applications and assessments in Northern Ireland
- manage a range of FE and Postgraduate products and services that are tailored to the differing requirements of Government Administrations, alongside various “targeted support” grants to enable people to overcome barriers to participation in FE and HE
- administer bursary payments on behalf of many UK HE providers
- work with HMRC to collect repayments through PAYE and self-assessment systems while directly collecting from borrowers outside the UK tax system or those nearing the end of their repayment term.
For more information on SLC visit https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/student-loans-company/about
Information for Candidates:
- SLC Annual Report and Accounts 2019 to 2020
- SLC Corporate Plan 2020-21 to 2022-23
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2020-2023
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report 2019
Head of Talent Management
Salary: £71k - £75k
SLC is a not for profit, government owned organisation which administers loans and grants to students in colleges and universities across the UK. SLC’s mission is to enable people to invest in their futures through further and higher education by providing accessible, high quality student finance services.
The organisation has gone through significant change in recent years and following a restructure, SLC is now looking to appoint a Head of Talent Management. This will be a key position within SLC’s people team, reporting to the Executive Director of People. The post has ownership of a number of key strategies which includes employee engagement, talent management strategy and the development of a competency framework which will align to the organisation’s existing career pathway framework.
This post is focused on the development of SLC’s people, which includes senior leaders, creating opportunities for skills development and progression from within.
SLC is looking for a chartered CIPD professional with a track record in learning and development, employee engagement and leadership who can bring fresh ideas and energy to the role. The ideal candidate will have an affinity for people development and have experience in driving change.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion please contact Donogh O’Brien or Mike Orr on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please click here to upload your CV and cover letter, indicating how you meet the criteria for the role.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview by matching the details given in their CV and covering letter / supporting statement against the job description. We would therefore ask applicants to provide clear evidence to show how your experience, skills and knowledge match those requirements as well as why you are interested in the role.
We would also be grateful if you could include the following information:
- Availability limitations
- Details of two referees (please note that referees will not be contacted until offer stage or without prior consent)
Please note that you will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your application - if you do not receive this please contact Melissa at Aspen on 0141 212 7555.
Diversity and Inclusion
SLC welcomes and values diversity in our workplace. Central to our recruitment process is a commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We encourage all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring form provided with all application packs, to support us in delivering upon our equality objectives.
Please email your completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to Melissa Scholes – email@example.com
We have provided below a note of all the critical dates within this recruitment campaign which we hope will help you plan your diary:
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th May 2021
Longlist interviews: Wednesday 26th and Thursday 27th May 2021
Shortlist interviews: Wednesday 9th June 2021