About Disability Snowsport UK
Disability Snowsport UK is a charity which offers unique opportunities for children and adults with disabilities to access snowsports. Our aim is simple: we want everyone with a disability, whether it is a learning, sensory or physical disability, to be able to ski or snowboard alongside other people. We deliver adaptive ski lessons in centres across the UK, facilitate trips to Europe and the USA to teach skiing in an alpine environment; and provide a platform for disabled skiers to meet and participate in snowsports through our local groups.
Disability Snowsport UK has been successful in getting our Para-athletes onto the world stage and securing medal success at an international level.
Disability Snowsport UK is now taking a new direction as we aim to grow grassroots participation in adaptive skiing through our centres in the UK. We want all disabled people to be able to enjoy snowsports and want to expand the opportunities for them to do so in the UK and overseas; as well as create strong foundations and a development pathway to enable disabled people to progress to paralympic competition.
Documents for Download:
We are seeking a dynamic and effective leader who will grasp this opportunity to take the charity on the next stage of growth. They will be tasked with delivering a strategy to expand the opportunities for Disability Snowsport UK and identifying and securing diverse sources of funding. As such, they will be a confident communicator with experience of building effective partnerships with external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have substantial experience working in a senior level role with budgetary accountability and will have a proven track record of strategic management or managing change. Strong operational management experience will be essential. You will have the ability to empower and build the capability of a diverse and geographically spread workforce. Above all, you will be passionate about the impact the charity can have and able to inspire others to change attitudes towards disability. Previous charity experience is not essential but some knowledge of, or experience in, the area of disability or disabled sports is highly desirable.
Document for Download:
- Define and deliver a forward looking and ambitious strategy to expand the opportunities for Disability Snowsport UK
- Lead a proactive and ambitious approach to fundraising with an aim to diversify the income sources for DSUK
- Identify opportunities to innovate, improve and strengthen the delivery of Disability Snowsport UK’s core business
- Align operations with overall strategy and optimize available resources
- Develop the capacity of the senior management team to facilitate organisational growth
- Expand grassroots participation in adaptive snowsports across the UK
- Oversee delivery of snowsports programmes in the UK and activity weeks abroad in Europe and the US
- Provide strong, inspirational leadership and management of staff and volunteers across multiple locations
- Implement appropriate corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and foster a culture that provides a safe, effective, child/vulnerable adult friendly environment across the charity
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders including patrons, high profile sponsors and funders
How to Apply
If you have any queries or wish to discuss the role further please contact either Donogh O’Brien or Mike Orr at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter / supporting statement expressing why you are interested in this opportunity and your suitability by clicking here.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview by matching the details given on their CV and supporting statement against both the job description and the person specification. We would therefore ask applicants to provide clear evidence to show how your experience, skills and knowledge match those requirements.
We would also be grateful if your covering letter / supporting statement could include the following information:
- Current salary / package
- Current notice period
- Details of two referees (please note that referees will not be contacted until offer stage or without prior consent)
Please note that you will receive an immediate acknowledgement of your application. If you do not receive this please contact Melissa Scholes on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date for applications:
Monday 16th April 2018
Week commencing 7th May 2018
Week commencing 21st May 2018