Communicare247 provide a wide range of cutting edge services with the aim of protecting people, as part of their continued expansion and product diversification they are recruiting a Front End Web Developer based within their new central Glasgow office.
Communicare247 are looking for a FrontEnd Web Developer who is motivated to combine design with programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX designs and specifications to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with UI/UX designs and bridge the gap between this graphical design and their core back end platform, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. This will also involve meeting with end users, reviewing feedback and implementing changes where required.
In the medium to longer term there will be an opportunity to become more involved in the back end architecture and coding, and potentially in the delivery of mobile applications.
- Develop new userfacing features and integrate these with data from their back end platform
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders in the design and development process
- Produce end user documentation for completed applications
- Provide support and maintenance services for other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
● Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, BOOTSTRAP
● Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
● Basic understanding of serverside platforms and REST APIs
● Proficient understanding of crossbrowser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools,
● Basic understanding of Real Time Database integration (Firebase, CouchDB etc.)
● Basic understanding of Amazon Web Services cloud platform
● Ideally qualified to degree level but alternatively evidence of relevant experience will be considered
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th April 2016.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Mhairi Higgins on 0141 212 7555. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter / supporting statement below.