- 30,000 - 35,000
Senior Procurement Advisor (Fixed Term Contract)
Scottish Borders Housing Association is a Charitable, Registered Social Landlord owning 5,656 properties, with a turnover of £21m, employing 188 staff, including an in-house property services team who deliver SBHA’s response and void repairs and around 40% of SBHA’s planned maintenance programme.
Created by Tenants for Tenants, their mission is to deliver the best housing choices, solutions and services that they possibly can. With an aim to maximise the organisations ability to invest in homes and communities, partnerships and our people at the forefront of their strategy going forward.
Currently, SBHA has no central procurement resource and each team is responsible for it’s own purchasing arrangements. In developing a clear strategy for the future SBHA now require a Senior Procurement Advisor on a 2 year fixed term basis to advise upon, lead and manage the delivery of a high quality, value for money, customer focussed procurement strategy and activity across the Association, contributing to the defined business plan objectives.
In this role it will be key for the successful applicant to drive improvement in social value impacts especially securing employment and local benefits for communities achieved through means of intelligent procurement. Key parameters will be the ability to:
- Deliver effective and efficient procurement which is proportionate to the value and risks associated with the activity concerned.
- Maximising the value of potential longer term appointments
- Provide strategic advice as well as operational for practical procurement delivery and guidance.
- This would include knowledge and experience of varying procurement methods and a knowledge and experience of different frameworks and types e.g. constructions, services and supplies
- The delivery of learning and development that enables improved levels of understanding and reduced reliance on this role in the long term
- The successful candidate will lead on implementing the procurement strategy action plan
Experience and knowledge required for the role
- HND/Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain or equivalent
- Studying towards CIPS would be highly advantageous
- Experience of working in a similar Purchasing role
- Experience of working in a Public Sector organisation would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of undertaking and co-ordinating a regulated tender process
- Customer focused
- “Can Do” attitude
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading organisation, offering personal challenge along with growth potential, working as part of a small dynamic team, set within an idyllic rural location, offering an alternative to the daily stress of commuting.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the organisation, contact Ray Williamson or Mike Orr at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
To submit your CV and supporting letter please complete the form below. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement please contact Melissa Scholes on 0141 212 7559.