- Melbourne, Australia
Interim Head of Operations / GM (Food Manufacturing)
Are you looking for your next challenge in the food industry by taking on this exciting overseas opportunity for a talented and experienced Interim Head of Operations / GM? The role will be based in Melbourne for an initial 6 month interim contract.
With a strong track record, you will be experienced in leading a factory team in a Food Manufacturing environment showing an understanding of what best practice looks like and how to get there. You will be an advocate of continuous improvement and take ownership for driving such culture through the business with the ability to constructively challenge the status quo in the desire to improve.
The successful candidate will have the drive and energy to lead and empower a team to the common goals of improvements to production, driving down costs, improving quality and performance and creating a positive health & safety ethos. Therefore, you will need to have a leadership style which gains 'buy in' and empowers your team through engagement and coaching.
• Significant manufacturing experience, ideally gained within a high speed manufacturing within food or drinks sector.
• Significant leadership and multi site people management experience.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent commercial skills: negotiator; analytical; strategic thinker.
• Excellent communication skills: influential; persuasive; politically savvy; impactful presentation skills.
• Deliver all manufacturing KPIs and budgets to target
• Drive cost efficiency projects to deliver cost base improvements
• Ensuring a systematic approach to planning and control of all operational management activities
• Champion and drive Lean Business Enterprise to embed modern manufacturing techniques across the sites
• Identify training and development needs of staff.
• Build, maintain and promote a Continuous Improvement culture, encouraging TPM and Lean Manufacturing tools
• Have overall accountability for all aspects of operational performance, health, safety and environmental impact at the manufacturing facility.
• Consistently identify opportunities to improve quality and reduce cost
Apply now for immediate consideration to Jules Pearson.
07753328469 / email@example.com