- Competitive package dependent on experience
- Central Belt, Scotland
Group Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join our client, an established food processing business supplying premium products for the retail, wholesale and foodservice channels. Reporting to the Managing Director the role involves full ownership and development of all commercial activities, developing and building upon their existing customer base.
- Responsible for delivering a commercial strategy that you are accountable for and setting commercial strategies that can be turned in to operational plans.
- Effectively manage and develop business relationships and key accounts implementing the Company’s sales and marketing activities in order to meet agreed targets for sustainable growth and profitability.
- Continuously working to strategically expand, preserve or improve procedures, standards or product strategies whilst sticking to our company vision in conjunction with the short to long term business plan.
- Create and drive the companies’ commercial strategy.
- Develop annual sales & gross margin account plans in line with strategic goals.
- Develop growth plans which include promotions and distribution targets and delivery plan.
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of a business wide strategy in co-operation with the Senior Management Team.
- Plan, develop and implement annual action plans for Sales, Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations supporting the business strategies and seeking input, whilst identifying and responding to opportunities and challenges.
- Manage research and development along with new product development and new business development.
Experience & Knowledge required
- Preferably educated to degree level, ideally with c. 5 years Key Account Manager /sales experience in Food Manufacturing/Processing environment.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to conduct business at a management level.
- An independent self-starter able to work with a high level of autonomy and also within a team environment.
- An effective communicator with the ability to build relationships and have a hands on, flexible, pro-active approach to resolving business issues.
- Strong IT skills.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Jules Pearson on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please complete the short form below and submit your CV. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement please contact Kelsey Sinclair on 0141 212 7555.