- Coleraine, Jordanstown or Magee Campus
Chief Executive Vacancy
Based at either Coleraine, Jordanstown or Magee campus, salary approx. £60,000.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be responsible for leading the Students’ Union through an exciting period of transition and change, you will be a proven leader and will bring the skills and experience to support the Board, Trustees, officers and staff.
The successful candidate will enhance the Ulster University student experience by providing direction and leadership of the Union’s strategy and annual goals. You will also manage the Union and its resources for and on behalf of the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee.
- To lead the development and implementation of the Union’s long-term strategy. To ensure that departmental and individual staff plans align with the overall strategy and support the achievement of UUSU’s goals.
- To lead and support the staff of the Union, through the Senior Management Team to ensure a motivated, well-managed organisation, able to respond to the changing needs of the student population.
- To ensure that the Board of Trustees (Trustees) are provided with timely, high-quality reports and advice on activity of the Union, enabling the Board to make appropriate and well-informed decisions on matters affecting the Union. To support such sub-committees of the Trustees as may be established and as required.
- To ensure, with the Finance & Resource Director that annual budgets are prepared in a timely manner each year and that effective monitoring of financial performance takes place including the production of monthly management accounts and out-turn forecasts. To be ultimately responsible to the Board for the financial performance and sustainability of the Union.
- To ensure that the elected officers of the Union are properly inducted, trained and supported throughout their terms of office. To ensure that officers and staff work collaboratively and collectively to improve the overall student experience at Ulster University. To ensure that officers are supported in the achievement of their annual objectives.
- To ensure effective communication between the Trustees, Executive and staff of the Union. To ensure induction, management and appraisal processes are in place for all staff.
- To take overall responsibility for the physical resources of the Union, including preparing bids and project plans for capital projects as required.
- To develop and maintain the relationship between the Union and the University through regular meetings with appropriate University senior managers and leaders. To build and maintain relationships with other external bodies and key partners as appropriate and/or required, including NUS-USI and statutory bodies.
- To ensure that all statutory and regulatory responsibilities of the Students’ Union are met and reported on to the Trustees or its sub-committees. To ensure that the Union meets all its obligations under Charity and Company Law, University Ordinances, Health and safety legislation and other agreements.
- To have overall responsibility for all Health and Safety for the Students’ Union.
For more information on the role and on the organisation, please visit www.aspenpeople.co.uk/UUSU. For a confidential discussion please contact either Donogh O’Brien or Liam Kelly on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please complete the form below and attach your application form and employment monitoring questionnaire (available from the microsite link above). If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement, please contact Kelsey Sinclair on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7th February 2018 at 5:00 PM.