NPD & Innovation Manager
This is an exciting new role in our client’s business. A critical position that will drive the full development spectrum for the company’s range, from innovation strategy to hands-on product development, liaising with marketing, production and third party suppliers to help bring their brand vision to life.
Reporting into the Managing Director the NPD & Innovation Manager will be a key member of the team. The successful candidate will engage with key stakeholders across the company, playing a pivotal role in developing and effectively delivering both short and long term plans. There will be a focus on the continued development of people, systems, policies and processes to achieve 'best in class'.
You will be a true foodie who is inspired by customer, food and drink trends. With a customer centred outlook you will be familiar with using market research to validate concepts. Your strong commercial acumen, coupled with excellent influencing skills has seen you achieve success by bringing your concepts to life with key stakeholders and decision makers.
• Drive the innovation pipeline for the business
• Hands-on product development
• Build on brand values, customer insight and product range strategy and business objectives to define the vision and mission of their range of products
• NPD gap analysis and product portfolio strategies
• Work in alignment with Marketing to build compelling customer-focused new product and existing product development briefs
• Act as lead for all NPD projects- leading the build of new project briefs, driving timelines, building recipe costs, liaising with production and packaging teams
• Commercial recipe build in line with agreed margin and sales targets
• Technical liaison and ops team support to ensure all products are delivered to customers perfectly every time
Key Experience – Technical
• New Product Development experience within food manufacturing company in a product development role
• Knowledge of Food Manufacturing Standard and Technical requirements
• Project Management and cross functional working experience
• Communication, influencing, challenge at all levels
• Track record of creativity & innovation
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Jules Pearson at Aspen on 0141 212 7555 or firstname.lastname@example.org