Head of Business Operations Vacancy
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, and one of the fastest growing utility supply companies, supplying services to business customers across Scotland and England. They currently serve over 300,000 business customers across the UK, growing rapidly and with the market position, financing and capability to grow significantly further. The business has been built based on highly efficient operations, innovative marketing, and being a trusted supplier to our customers.
They have a great opportunity for a Head of Business Operations to join the fast-paced commercial team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will provide leadership and support to the team in their daily duties. Responsibilities will include leading the Key Account Support business, its expanding trade effluent business, managing commercial invoicing and developing future non-tariff business opportunities. The role will also ensure the commercial functions and requirements are mapped onto relevant stakeholders, processes and systems within the business.
Qualified to postgraduate level, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading a commercial function at senior management level within an environment managing high volumes of transactions, such as energy contracts/invoicing. You will have a practical understanding of commercial contracts as well as experience in developing and delivering financial and operational metrics. You will be competent at the analysis and delivery of complex operational challenges. You will also have proven experience leading and develop teams and experienced in managing complex internal/external stakeholder relationships.
Key Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level in business or relevant technical subject
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budget processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind set
- Extremely confident and experienced at building senior level relationships with suppliers and key customer parties
- Experience in managing commercially large, complex and multi-supplier relationships
- Confident and articulate with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organised to meet finite deadlines
- Positive attitude, flexible and can work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive communicator, highly motivated and adaptable to change
The role is based in Blairgowrie, equi-distant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and within 30 minutes of Perth and Dundee. On the doorstep of the Cairngorm National Park, this role not only offers an opportunity to develop and grow with a dynamic business, but also a chance to embrace a unique setting within a breath-taking backdrop in an area of natural outstanding beauty, offering unique lifestyle opportunities.
For a confidential discussion on the role and organisation, please contact Nigel Fortnum, Lauren Neil or Liam Kelly at Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.