- £48,868 (Minimum) / £55,950 (Maximum)
- Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, Nottingham or Newcastle with travel
Construction Manager x 3 - Estates
The Government Hubs Phase 1 project is an exciting Transformation Programme that will contribute to building a tax authority fit for the 21st century. The HMRC Building Our Future Locations (BoFL) Programme is one strand of a wider business transformation strategy which affects all parts of HMRC including digitisation, policy, processes and ways of working. HMRC’s plans are very ambitious and the transformation of its estate is considered to be the largest real estate change programme of its type in the UK at this time and is at the leading edge of wider transformation of central government accommodation nationwide offering many exciting opportunities to all those involved. Working with the Government Property Agency, the Programme encompasses office provision and design for other Government Departments in shared locations.
Our vision is to:
• Improve customer service and reduce the cost burden on the taxpayer
• Build fit for purpose workspaces that maximise efficiency, innovation and technology
• Create great places to work that attract and retain staff
The success of this programme will not only deliver substantial savings but also improve the quality of service that HMRC provide. This is indeed a unique opportunity to help create a lasting legacy for all those who work within HMRC.
You will play a substantial role in the programme to deliver the transformation. Our ambitious plan is already underway, with signed deals to secure over 250,000 m2 of new accommodation. Our first completed development has received recognition as a BCO award finalist, but there remains a substantial task ahead to build on this achievement. As a key member of the delivery team your contribution to the BoFL Programme is essential and will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference, be the best that you can be and help create a legacy.
The Construction Manager sits within the HMRC Construction team that delivers the ‘intelligent client’ function in support of delivering the Estates Transformation programme and is accountable for ensuring end to end delivery of construction and fit out element of projects to time, cost and quality. The role provides important assurances that the Cat A developer provided accommodation and the Cat B and Cat C Client delivered fit-out are completed to the specified standards. There are significant interfaces with external consultants and internal departments. These roles are accountable to the Programme Project Board, Estates Executive Board, and the Hubs Work Stream Board.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in delivering £multi million+ projects through the end to end project lifecycle.
- Experience in managing developer led projects and fit-out of offices, either as a client user, employer’s agent or directly for a developer.
- Lead a multidisciplinary project team whilst building strong relationships across team/business area/departmental/ boundaries
- A demonstrable track record of success in Construction Management or Project Management capacity in a consultancy or client organisation.
- Highly commercial with experience of enhancing and delivering value and continuous improvement.
- Thorough understanding of project cost management methods and delivery of comprehensive reporting to senior management boards.
- Clear understanding of construction H&S legislative requirements and ability to promote high standards.
- Thorough knowledge of construction designs, materials, technologies or processes and able to assess a variety of options and propose viable solutions.
- Evidence of an understanding of construction schedule risks, dependencies and critical paths.
- Essential to have a relevant degree
- Desirable to be a member of relevant professional body or currently working towards, e.g. RICS/CIOB/APM, but not exclusively
The candidate pack will provide a breakdown of the specific roles/responsibilities for the Construction Manager (Grade 7) role.
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit www.aspenpeople.co.uk/HMRC. For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partners Ray Williamson or Mike Orr at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
You can also find out further information about HM Revenue and Customs on our website – www.gov.uk/HMRC
You will also find information about the role on Facebook – facebook.com/Aspen People, Twitter - @Aspenpeople and LinkedIn – linkedin.com/aspenpeople/hm-revenue-&-customs
Closing date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Interviews: w/c 9th July 2018
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV, cover letter and equal opportunity monitoring form. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement please contact Melissa Scholes on 0141 212 7555.