- £48,868 (Minimum) / £55,950 (Maximum)
- Nottingham, Leeds or Birmingham with travel to various locations
Operational Contract Manager - Estates
The Government Hubs Phase 1 project is an exciting Transformation Programme that will contribute to building a tax authority fit for the 21st century. The HMRC Building Our Future Locations (BoFL) Programme is one strand of a wider business transformation strategy which affects all parts of HMRC including digitisation, policy, processes and ways of working. HMRC’s plans are very ambitious and the transformation of its estate is considered to be the largest real estate change programme of its type in the UK at this time and is at the leading edge of wider transformation of central government accommodation nationwide offering many exciting opportunities to all those involved. Working with the Government Property Agency, the Programme encompasses office provision and design for other Government Departments in shared locations.
Our vision is to:
• Improve customer service and reduce the cost burden on the taxpayer
• Build fit for purpose workspaces that maximise efficiency, innovation and technology
• Create great places to work that attract and retain staff
The success of this programme will not only deliver substantial savings but also improve the quality of service that HMRC provide. This is indeed a unique opportunity to help create a lasting legacy for all those who work within HMRC.
You will play a substantial role in the programme to deliver the transformation. Our ambitious plan is already underway, with signed deals to secure over 250,000 m2 of new accommodation. The fit-out of our first completed development has received recognition as a BCO award finalist, but there remains a substantial task ahead to build on this achievement. As a key member of the delivery team your contribution to the BoFL Programme is essential and will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference, be the best that you can be and help create a legacy.
The Operational Contract Manager sits within the HMRC Construction team that delivers the ‘intelligent client’ function in support of delivering the Estates Transformation programme and works alongside our construction managers and supports the Senior Construction Manager by managing the Contracts of our directly engaged contractors, suppliers and consultants, delivering the finished accommodation ready for occupation and use, across 13 Regional Centres, transition accommodation and ancillary buildings to house almost 60,000 staff.
The contracts include professional services for design, cost and project management and other bespoke services, furniture contracts, soft furnishing contracts and specialist engineering works.
You will define the scope and use the established frameworks to manage orders and payments, managing the delivery of the contracts, reporting on performance and assuring compliance with the contract requirements. You will interface with stakeholders and the supply chain at a strategic level and lead Best Practice initiatives to continually improve and identify opportunities to deliver better value for money.
Key to your attributes will be that you have:
- Knowledge of Public Contract Regulations and different forms of contract.
- Experience of working across a large organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of project management methodologies.
- Working in a multidisciplinary project team and building strong relationships across team/business area/ departmental/ boundaries.
- Forming effective relationships with internal stakeholders. Evidence of effective team engagement and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable track record of success in Contract Management of multimillion £ product and services contracts.
- Commercial understanding with experience of enhancing and delivering value and continuous improvement.
- Understanding of requirements for operational contract management methods and delivery of comprehensive reporting to senior management boards.
Essential to have a relevant degree
Desirable to possess or are working towards a Recognised Commercial Management/ Project Management/Contract Management qualification such as MAPM, or other relevant qualification.
The candidate pack will provide a breakdown of the specific roles/responsibilities for the Operational Contract Management (Grade 7) role.
For more information on this opportunity and how to apply, please visit www.aspenpeople.co.uk/HMRC. For a confidential discussion please contact our recruitment partners Ray Williamson or Mike Orr at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
You can also find out further information about HM Revenue and Customs on our website – www.gov.uk/HMRC
You will also find information about the role on Facebook – facebook.com/Aspen People, Twitter - @Aspenpeople and LinkedIn – linkedin.com/aspenpeople/hm-revenue-&-customs
Closing date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Interviews: w/c 9th July 2018
To apply, please complete the short form below and attach your CV, cover letter and equal opportunity monitoring form. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement please contact Melissa Scholes on 0141 212 7555.