- 50,000 - 55,000
- Gartnavel Hospital, Glasgow
Chief Executive Officer
Founded in 1980, Cancer Support Scotland is a Scottish Charity dedicated to supporting people affected by cancer through complementary therapies and counselling services that compliment the work of the NHS and make life easier for people affected by cancer, including family, friends and carers. They provide emotional and practical support on a one-to-one basis and through community-based groups.
Cancer Support Scotland has an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and highly-skilled leader to take on the role of Chief Executive Officer. The role will be responsible for managing a small team of employees and a broader team of volunteers. They will need to provide strategic direction for the teams and be responsible for the successful management and delivery of a range of services within the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering a strategy to drive internal activities and motivate employees.
- Building sustainable relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Review and develop the organisation’s finances and improve sustainability.
- Be an ambassador for the internal activities and drive new fundraising opportunities.
- Support internal development to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation.
- Liaising with the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate should have experience at CEO or Board level. You must have demonstrable managerial experience, a clear understanding of financial management and knowledge of fundraising.
Further information is available as follows:
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Debbie Shields on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please complete the short form below and upload a CV and covering letter.
Closing date: Friday 19th October 2018, 10am
Candidates will be updated on the outcome of their application no later that Friday 26th October.
Interviews will be held as follows:
Longlist interviews: Monday 5th November 2018
Shortlist interviews: Wednesday 14th November 2018