- Kirkwall, Orkney
The £15m Pickaquoy Centre in Orkney is recognised as a first class sports, arts, conference and social facility, offering an excellent range of activities for all ages and abilities to enjoy. As a non-profit organisation with charitable trust status, it is an integral part of the community and has hosted world class arts festivals, music events, exhibitions, conference and sports competitions. This role is based in the beautiful Orkney capital, Kirkwall, an area steeped in culture with a vibrant and friendly atmosphere.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this post is responsible for managing the day to day running of the finance and administration function including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, inventory and fixed assets. The Financial Controller will also provide guidance and support to the Managing Director, Board of Trustees and wider Pickaquoy team by providing them with financial management information and analysis for decision making. In addition, the postholder will prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, manage the annual budget setting process and coordinate all compliance/governance requirements.
The role will require a highly motivated qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a similar position. The ideal candidate will have experience of budget preparation, excellent attention to detail and have a track record of delivering high quality results. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step up, develop their career or to make a difference to this successful, innovative and dynamic organisation.
As well as a competitive salary the position also hosts a range of other enticing benefits:
- Local Government Pension Scheme – employers contribution of 17.6%
- SHAW breaks – opportunity to extend unpaid 1/2hr lunch break for a further 1/2hr which will be paid, in order to exercise up to 3 times per week
- Free use of facilities following 6mth probationary period
- Cycle to Work Scheme after 1yrs service
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 after 5yrs with an additional day from years 6 – 10, giving a max entitlement of 38 days after 10yrs service
- Enhanced company sick pay 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay – linked to length of service
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nigel Fortnum or Gayle Williamson at Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
The Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded here.
Closing date: 8 April 2019
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter.
Monday 8th April 2019
1st Stage Interview Date (Skype Interview possible if required)
Friday 19th April 2019
2nd Interview Date (in Kirkwall, Orkney)
Monday 29th April 2019