- c. 40,000 and excellent benefits package
Financial Controller Vacancy
The £15m Pickaquoy Centre in Orkney is recognised as a first class sports, arts, conference and social facility, offering an excellent range of activities for all ages and abilities to enjoy. As a non-profit organisation with charitable trust status, it is an integral part of the community and has hosted world class arts festivals, music events, exhibitions, conference and sports competitions. This role is based in the beautiful Orkney capital, Kirkwall, an area steeped in culture with a vibrant and friendly atmosphere.
The new Financial Controller will have full responsibility for managing the day to day running of the finance and administration function including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, inventory and fixed assets. They will also manage a small team and be responsible for staff development. The post holder will provide guidance and support to the Managing Director, Board of Trustees and wider Pickaquoy team by providing them with financial management information and analysis for decision making. In addition, the post holder will prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, manage the annual budget setting process and coordinate all compliance/governance requirements.
The role will require a highly motivated qualified Accountant with relevant experience in a similar position. The ideal candidate will have experience of budget preparation, excellent attention to detail and have a track record of delivering high quality results. This is an exciting time to join the Trust and a great opportunity for someone looking to step up, develop their career and make a difference to this successful, innovative and dynamic organisation.
As well as a competitive salary the position also hosts a range of other enticing benefits:
- Local Government Pension Scheme – employers contribution of 17.6%
- SHAW breaks – opportunity to extend unpaid 1/2hr lunch break for a further 1/2hr which will be paid, in order to exercise up to 3 times per week
- Free use of facilities following 6mth probationary period
- Cycle to Work Scheme after 1yrs service
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 after 5yrs with an additional day from years 6 – 10, giving a max entitlement of 38 days after 10yrs service
- Enhanced company sick pay 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay – linked to length of service
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nigel Fortnum or Gayle Williamson at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, using the detail below.
The Job Description and Person Specification can be viewed by CLICKING HERE
To apply please complete the short form below and upload your CV and supporting letter.
Closing date: Monday 13th May 2019