- c. £65,000
Technical Director (Bridges) Vacancy
Technical Director (Bridges)
Salary circa £65,000 plus company car, pension and other benefits
We are working with a long established national Consulting Engineer who is synonymous with major transportation projects, having been involved in the majority of major highways projects in the last 15 years, to help them resource a Technical Director (Bridges) for their Edinburgh office.
Leading a team of 8, this role will offer a fantastic opportunity to work directly to the Office Partner and be involved in a variety of bridges projects, from major highways/trunk roads to residential and commercial projects as well as working closely with client organisations.
Duties for this varied role will include:
- Provide Structural engineering leadership across the Highways Business
- Liaising with Design Team leaders to deliver co-ordinated design solutions that meet the clients objectives
- Prepare and review high quality service proposals for design, refurbishment and D&B projects
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (calculations, drawings, reports etc.) is maintained
- Support the Partners in deliver of business development activities, staff focussed career development, project performance monitoring, client management and general office operational and organisational matters
To be considered, candidates must have a wealth of experience of Bridge Engineering in a wide range of sectors, be Chartered Civil Engineers (CEng holding MICE or MIStructE) and have strong management and people development skills. The role will be client facing, so exposure to working directly with clients is also essential, as is experience in DMRB stages 2 & 3.
Candidates need not to be proven at Technical Director level, and applications are welcome from experienced Engineers at Principal or Associate Director level who are keen to progress to the next stage in their career. Applications are also welcome from Engineers who have the skills and experience needed for the role and who may be looking to relocate to Edinburgh.
On offer is a fantastic opportunity with a leading consultancy, who despite their size and success are still privately owned, offering the opportunity to work on major projects but without some of the challenges working for a major PLC can present. They are offering a highly competitive package, with basic salary circa £65,000 plus a company car and flexible benefits package.
Please get in touch with Mike Orr on 0141 212 7555 to discuss this role in complete confidence.