- £52,620 - £61,906
Head of Finance Business Partnering
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
In this role, the post holder will play a key role in ensuring that SRUC retains a strong financial position - driving and maintaining the financial stability required to support the organisation’s strategic aims.
This role will lead and be accountable for the delivery of a customer-focused business partnering service, which will include:
- Responsibility for the leadership, management and motivation of the business partnering team, ensuring a high level of service delivery across the university campuses and estates including senior stakeholders to:
- Support, analyse and challenge them on their performance.
- Align operational activities to the strategic intent of the organisation.
- Optimise their business performance, providing insightful management information including reporting on historic financial performance and being responsible for all financial planning and forecasting including budgeting.
- Influencing internal stakeholders to optimise their business performance, providing insightful management information including reporting on historic financial performance.
- Rigorous evaluation of ad-hoc project proposals and business cases to enable effective options appraisal and decision making. Further details on the responsibilities and requirements for this role can be found in the attached job particulars document downloadable below. Qualifications required: A senior level professional accountancy qualification is essential. Experience and understanding
- Significant successful post-qualification experience.
- Demonstrate proven experience of a business partnering approach
- Experience of leading a team to change and deliver effective reporting across an organisation.
- Experience of producing monthly financial reporting and effective budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office software and an understanding of project accounting. Knowledge and skills
- Effective communicator and influencer with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to facilitate reviews based on sound financial analysis and resolve conflicts.
- Strong analytical skills with proactive critical thinking and problem resolution focussed on solutions, understanding strategy and operationalising it.
- Proactive and innovative in approach.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and risk, and work in a flexible environment
- Strong commercial decision making, influencing, analytical and negotiation skills
- The ability to challenge senior stakeholders across the organisation
- The ability to communicate complex financial information in a concise, non-technical way
- A strategic approach to formulation and implementation, with the ability to review long-term impacts of plans.
For a confidential discussion please contact Lesley Drew or Amy Gordon, at Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
We are looking to interview suitable candidates as soon as possible so please submit your applications without delay.