Chief Executive Officer Vacancy
Helm is a highly respected, multiple award winning charity based in Dundee which provides a creative, supportive learning service for people who face barriers to developing sustainable careers.
Following the recent resignation of Helen McKeever, Helm is looking to appoint a person with significant leadership experience and a deep understanding of the issues facing disadvantaged young teens and families in Dundee and throughout Scotland as their CEO.
The organisation has seen huge success in working with disadvantaged young people by giving them the guidance, support and training needed to enhance their employability.
They are on the cusp of further achievements with 2 major new youthled projects in the initial stages, coupled with ongoing positive change, giving a fantastic opportunity for a suitably skilled individual to lead the charity in their next steps.
Ideally the successful candidate will be someone with a professional social work, youthwork, social housing or education background, who has both mainstream and social impact sector experience.
They will be an experienced CEO (or have worked at Director level in a large organisation), with a track record of working with young people and who will have:
- Passion and vision, with personal values closely aligned to Helm’s vision
- The ability to speak knowledgeably and with credibility, who can be an inspirational ambassador with and on behalf of marginalised young people
- Direct experience of successful trust and foundation fundraising together with experience of designing and implementing income diversification strategies
- Local and national network of contacts relevant to the role
- Experience of working with youthled initiatives
- A track record of developing and leading teams
- Experience of reporting to and supporting a Board of Trustees
- Significant experience of working with budgets, accounts and financial management
- A high level of personal and professional integrity
In addition you should be able to show how your previous experience will enable you to lead Helm in all areas.
For more information on the organisation, role and how to apply please visit the dedicated microsite at www.aspenpeople.co.uk/helm
If you have a query or would like an informal discussion regarding the opportunity please contact Steven Murray at Aspen People in the first instance on 0141 212 7555. The current CEO, Helen McKeever, would also be happy to have a further discussion with you about the opportunity should this be helpful.
To apply, please email your CV and supporting statement (statement should be limited to 2 sides of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be grateful if your supporting statement could include the following information:
- Details of two referees – these should be current and last employer (please note that referees will not be contacted until offer stage or without prior consent)
- Confirmation that you have: the Right to Work in the UK, no unspent criminal convictions, full UK driving license, no conflicts of interest and that you agree to a PVG check should you be offered the role
- Current salary / package
- Current notice period
If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours of submitting your application, please contact Kelsey Sinclair on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th January 2020.
How to Apply
For more information on this role please click the "Further Info" button above.