A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our team in the key role of Asset Manager within the Property Services Directorate at Scottish Borders Housing Association (SBHA), based in Selkirk in the beautiful Scottish Borders.
Created by Tenants, for Tenants in 2003, SBHA is one of the largest Housing Associations in Scotland. This is a very exciting time to join us as we have ambitious Strategic Plan priorities for 2020-25 and Asset Management Strategy 2021-26. We are committed to delivering our five key objectives:
- Great Customer Experience
- Great Places
- One Team
- Resilient Business
- Smart Investment Choices
The Asset Management Strategy provides a framework for the strategic direction of SBHA Assets until 2026 and how the asset expectations and aspirations will be met and is supported by the 30-Year Business Plan.
It confirms the progress and current position and contains the strategic themes, projects, and objectives along with the associated action plan to be delivered during the life of the strategy to achieve the Strategic Plan objectives.
The aims are to develop a SBHA Homes Fit For 2040 standard that:
- Ensure Tenants are satisfied with living in an SBHA home and neighbourhood.
- Tenants can participate in the asset decisions in their homes and neighbourhoods.
- Tenants live in a home and neighbourhood which is well maintained.
- Tenants experience a positive journey when works and programmes are delivered and are delighted with the result.
- Tenants live in a home which is safe, meets required standards, is affordable to live in and contributes to the carbon net zero target.
- Tenants can live in their home for longer as their home meets a range of needs and is adapted for specific needs.
- Ensures assets which are cause for concern are option appraised and addressed through refurbishment, disposal, or demolition.
- Builds new homes which meet varying needs to address demand.
- Investment in homes is affordable and represents value for money and commissioning adds economic and social value.
The Property Services Directorate plays a key role in planning and delivering investment in our tenants’ homes and their communities, whilst maintaining value for money. This year, we will invest £10 million in our properties, with part of this programme being delivered by our in-house Property Services Team.
The Asset Manager role is crucial in ensuring robust stock data, planning, ensuring the delivery of the procurement pipeline and ensuring safe homes.
We work in partnership with Scottish Borders Tenant’s Organisation and key local partners to ensure that we provide the best outcomes for our tenants and their communities.
Developing our people has always been an important priority for us. We are Investors In People accredited, and employ a number of Modern Apprentices, while people development remains at the forefront of our organisation.
We are continually striving to further improve our service delivery model and have a number of on-going projects looking at how we deliver better service to our tenants that meet their changing needs and expectations. Business growth is central to our future success.
We hope that you will want join our dynamic and forward-thinking team at SBHA and look forward to hearing from you about what you could bring to help deliver our plans for the future.