£45,000 – £50,000 plus benefits
The Port of Cromarty Firth is a Trust Port which exists to improve, safeguard and develop the Cromarty Firth as a Port for the benefit of stakeholders and is a self-financing commercial business.
We are looking for a Chartered accountant to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis to support the Finance and Business Services Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance department, banking and corporate finances, business accounting, finance reporting, and budget management.
- Maintain accurate financial records and activities
- Assist with internal audits, and the preparation of year end accounts to audited stage
- Assist with the preparation of statistical information including but not limited to Maritime Statistics
- To assist managing insurance policies and insurance claims
- To assist in the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for future business growth including budgets, income statements, balance sheets, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies and financial management reports
- Understand and assist with Construction industry scheme (CIS), crown estate, leases, licenses and compliance
- Assist in the management of banking and corporate financing requirements
- Work with the Business Development and Commercial team to monitor BREXIT implications and compliance
- Understand and monitor customs obligations for temporary storage, including requirements under the new Border Operating Model
- Control of allocated budgets and preparation of associated budgetary bids
- Involvement in Customer/Supplier liaison and Business Development
- To assist with financial projects and financial developments for performance and maintenance of the organisation
- Managing new suppliers to keep in line with IR35 regulations, working with HR on new contractors on a project by project basis
- Oversee payroll, and support pension administration and management, from start to leaver cessation
- To assist in the management and maintenance of financial control systems, accounting procedures and PoCF finance systems including policies and procedures
- To assist in developing plans for team activities to include financial strategy to achieve agreed targets, and effective planning
Essential Experience & Attributes:
Chartered accountant with a firm understanding and working practice in UK tax, commercially astute with strong understanding of financial reporting, strong organisational skills with ability to manage competing priorities and work to deadlines; strong interpersonal and communication skills; proficient use of financial systems and payroll software, ability to work independently and contribute positively to a team, experience working in a similar role (highly desirable). Candidates should be degree qualified, or be working towards an equivalent professional certification (CA / ACCA / CIMA qualification).
Further information is available as follows: