Who are we?
ASET International Energy Training Academy – providing industry leading skills training for the Construction, Energy, Engineering, Environmental, Health & Safety, Marine and Renewable sectors.
Welcome to ASET International Energy Training Academy. Established in 1993, the ASET Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of North East Scotland College.
We are one of the leading training providers in the North East of Scotland region, playing a key role in supporting the regions energy transition and the Scottish Government zero carbon emission target. ASET also welcomes training delegates from throughout the UK and over 80 international countries.
We provide highly specialised technical skills based hands-on training and assessment to both UK and international Awarding Body standards. The ASET International Energy Training Academy is also an SCQF Credit Rating Body with an exclusive range of professional qualifications.
Our Training Academy hosts a range of market leading technology, equipment and workshops all set up in industrial settings to replicate the actual workplace. No other commercial energy training provider in the UK can offer such a unique and specialised training facility.
We have one of the largest ranges of training provision with over 200 courses available which includes:
- Oil & Gas Process Operations
- Automation & Process Control
- Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical engineering
- Renewables with a key focus on upskilling and transitioning Wind Turbine Technicians for the onshore and offshore wind energy industries
- CompEx Hazardous Areas
- Dynamic Positioning
- Stability & Ballast Control for semi-submersibles
- Marine Operations of Self-Elevating Platforms
- Rig Move Operations for Mobile Offshore Units
- Emergency Response
- Health & Safety
- Vocational Assessor & Verifier qualifications
- Skills Screening and Competence based Skills Tests
- Digital online learning
- Virtual Reality and On-line training simulation
The ASET training team are all ex-industry, who are occupationally competent, qualified and vastly experienced personnel with a strong focus on practical hands-on training.
For the full range of courses we provide visit the following link – Training Courses
ASET International Energy Training Academy – “Reality without the Risk”.
How the Industry view us
- The highest accolade the Queen’s Anniversary Prize on two occasions (Aberdeen College)
- The SQA International Centre of the Year Silver Award and Gold Award
- The Offshore Achievement Award for Internationalisation of Scottish Skills in 2009 – Winner
- SQA International Business of the Year – Highly Commended 2012
- Offshore Achievement Awards Export – Finalist 2012
- Aberdeen Chambers Northern Business Star Awards Achievement in International Business – Commended 2012
- Aberdeen Chambers Northern Business Star Awards Best Campaign of the Year – Finalist 2013
- SQA International Business of the Year Award 2013 – Winner
- Scottish Offshore Achievements Awards – “Great Small Company of the Year Finalist 2015”
Further information can be found at the following link: