Commercial and Business Development Manager
Salary: £40,245.94 – £48,373.97
Base: Head Office, Dunfermline (+ Fife wide)
The Commercial and Business Development Manager is a newly created post and will be responsible for managing and leading the commercial and business development team, which includes fitness (products and equipment) and commercial ventures (cafés, vending and retail) as well as events.
You will be responsible for managing and developing all the commercial activity, along with identifying new market opportunities, maximising secondary spend and negotiating and agreeing commercial contracts.
The role will report to the Head of Sales and Commercial Development and will be responsible for the strategic direction and overall performance of our commercial and business development function. This is an exciting role to develop the products, equipment and retail opportunities across Fife Sport and Leisure Trust, maximising value and experience for customers and aligning these with a health and wellbeing focus going forward.
Who will be the ideal candidate?
- You will have a track record in leading commercial or business development activities.
- You will be commercially minded with an eye for retail and business opportunities and understand the pipeline of success that working with key brands and partnerships can create.
- Your background could come from either within the public, private and third sector and will have led large teams across multiple venues and locations, along with working across and with other teams.
- You’ll be used to working with external partners and suppliers to review and develop new contracts with the likes of Sports Max and Les Mills so contract and supplier management is a must.
We’ll inspire and empower you to be your best! This is an amazing opportunity to shape, develop and grow the Trust so if this sounds like the role for you, then we want to hear from you.
How to apply
Your application should contain the following information:
- Up to date CV
- Supporting statement outlining how your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate for this opportunity
- Your answers to the following 3 questions:
- Describe how you have led a project team, split across multiple teams and locations, to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Detail your experience in developing and introducing new commercial products and services, along with highlighting the challenges and how you overcame these. Please include what the new products and services were.
- Detail your experience in managing multiple contracts, along with writing business cases and tenders to introduce new products and services.
To upload your completed application please CLICK HERE. We ask that you upload your application as one document (containing the above noted information).
You will receive an automatic acknowledgement – if you do not receive this please contact Katy Gall on 0141 212 7555.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Catriona Mackie or Kate Kennedy at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
For any queries around process or application submission please contact Katy Gall on 0141 212 7555.