Salary/Grade: Grade B2 – £35,196 – £40,246 plus £2,500 reviewable market supplement
Home based with travel
These key roles within ILF Scotland are an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in partnership with ILF Scotland recipients and their families / carers, social work services and voluntary sector partners to resolve complex situations surrounding support arrangements and financial matters relating to the ILF Scotland award.
You will have responsibility for ensuring that you plan, organise and undertake ILF award assessments and reviews which maintain a focus on independent living outcomes. This may involve collaborating with various stakeholders to promote ILF Scotland’s values and achieve positive outcomes with recipients. Additionally, you will provide support to ILF recipients and their families, conducting sensitive and empathetic conversations, and engaging with social care and support partners as appropriate.
Your New Role
You will be a registered Social Worker or Allied Health Professional with knowledge of current health and social care legislation, policy, and procedures. You will also have expertise in outcome-focused social care and support assessment, equality and diversity issues, and in self-directed support. Familiarity with person-led planning is a plus, and a commitment to the social model of disability is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with proficiency in IT, including Microsoft Teams, and finally the ability and willingness to travel with a valid UK Driving license being desirable. Compliance with relevant professional qualifications is essential.
99% of our fund recipients say that their funding from ILF Scotland improves their quality of life.
In return, alongside a competitive salary and a defined benefit pension scheme with a generous employer contribution and related benefits as well as various discounts and memberships, you will have the opportunity to operate in an award winning, genuinely supportive and flexible working culture, enabling you to use your professional skills and experience to deliver better outcomes for disabled people.
If this sounds like you and you are an ambitious, creative, solutions focused and purpose-led professional who lives the ILF Scotland values of Trust, Respect and Dignity, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Leave & time off
- 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days holiday after 5 years’ service
- 6.5 days Privilege / Public Holidays
- Company Maternity Pay / Adoption / Shared Parental: 26 weeks full pay, 26 weeks half pay
- Company Paternity Pay: 8 weeks full pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Emergency Leave / Time off for Dependants
- Volunteer time off (up to 5 days paid)
Insurance, health & wellness
- Life Assurance (cover at 4 x your basic salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme ( incl. up to 6 x counselling sessions per annum)
- Company Sick Pay Scheme – based upon service: 26 weeks full-pay, 26 weeks half-pay after 5 years (maximum)
- Eye Care Policy (up to £50 paid by ILF Scotland for eyewear required for screen / workplace)
- Occupational Services: professional advice for a supportive workplace
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Car Scheme
- Optional CSSC Membership (discounts and offers on sporting activities and events, retail, sight-seeing etc)
- Health and Well-Being hour per week
- Ditch the desk: ½ hour per day for work related activity away from your screen / desk. e.g. walking meeting etc
Family & caring
- Flexible Working, incl. flexi-time scheme with up to 4 flexi days off per calendar month, pro-rata, with the agreement of their line manager
- Hybrid working (work from office and home to improve work / life harmony)
- Unpaid extended leave: up to 3 months
Financial & retirement
- Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Work Related Loan Scheme e.g. Learning, Annual travel season ticket
- Salary Sacrifice schemes for cycles, technology and transport
- Professional annual subscriptions
- Subsidised gym membership
- Job / Skills Training
- Professional Development
- Living Wage Employer
- Committed to the Fair Work First agenda
- Open feedback
- Disability Confident Employer
- Accredited to Working Families
- Carer Positive Scotland Employer
“ILF Scotland is an award-winning organisation having been recognised for having a life-friendly, flexible working culture and winning ‘Best Small Employer’ at the Working Families Best Practice awards”