Supporting the Chief executive and the Chair, the new Elected Directors will help to ensure RSNO meets its objectives. They will develop and network effectively, building positive relationships with the leadership team and existing board members. This includes carrying out ambassadorial responsibilities to develop RSNO’s profile to stakeholders.
We are looking for individuals with a strong passion for the values of RSNO. Relationship building and networking capabilities as well as diplomacy skills are sought after. You will be a great listener and have senior management or professional experience within the public, private or third sectors.
In particular, we are keen to receive applications from candidates with experience in:
- Honorary Treasury
- Company Secretary
- Accountancy and Finance
The requirements of a Trustee/Elected Director include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Act as an ambassador for the RSNO promoting awareness and interest in its work
- Contribute to the success of the RSNO by offering support and guidance related to the Society’s strategic objectives
- Support the RSNO’s fundraising activities
- Ability to share strong networks and contacts in support of the RSNO
- A proven ability to think both strategically and creatively;
- An ability to uphold the highest ethical standards and treat sensitive information confidentially;
- A preparedness to offer their specialist personal and business skills and experience to support the work of the Senior Management Team and other staff members when required;
- An ability to listen sensitively, question and enquire intelligently, debate constructively, challenge rigorously and decide dispassionately;
- An ability to consider their own effectiveness as Trustees and address any issues of concern;
- Understanding of and commitment to Equality and Diversity.
There is a desire to enhance the diversity of the Board and applications are especially sought from under-represented groups specifically addressing race, disability and age.
Terms of Appointment
- The role is unremunerated. Reasonable, pre-agreed travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Participation in at least one board sub-committee (e.g. Nominations Committee, Renumeration Committee, Finance Committee) is required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the appropriate legal responsibilities of a charity trustee and Elected Director.
- The initial appointment is for a three-year term. The maximum number of terms is two.
- There are approximately six board meetings per year.
- Regular attendance at RSNO events is expected.