Professor Jane Lewis, UHI Shetland Principal and CEO
As the most northerly partner of the University of the Highlands and Islands, UHI Shetland provides a single point of contact for tertiary education, commercial training and research in Shetland.
We are at the heart of economic development for the islands and work closely with industries as diverse as textiles and aquaculture, in various ways from skills development to research.
Through our people, our education, and our research, we look towards a new era of sustainable development, underpinned by the management and delivery of excellence in research by the founding of the Centre for Sustainable Seafood.
To support a sustainable and collaborative environment in Shetland where the economy and community can prosper with local access to relevant, high-quality learning, training, and research opportunities.
Shetland UHI will be an inspirational hub of innovation and learning designed to meet the needs of the people of Shetland, nationally and internationally.
Our Core Values:
- We will proactively engage and co-operate with others
- We will communicate effectively to share knowledge with others
- We will work constructively with others to achieve a common purpose
- We will embrace feedback and continue to learn.
- We will be empathetic, authentic and honest in all our interactions.
- We will listen to others, encourage them to share their views and will value their contributions.
- We will recognise other’s strengths and abilities, and their contributions to the organisation.
- We will respect and appropriately utilise facilities and resources that are made available to us.
- We will consider the impact of our words and actions on others.
- We will take responsibility for our contribution to the success of UHI Shetland.
- We will take pride in our work and work to the highest possible standard.
- We will celebrate the achievements of the UHI Shetland community.
The UHI Shetland Strategic Plan 2021-25 can be viewed here About us – Strategic Overview (uhi.ac.uk)