Chair of the Board of Trustees
As Chair, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Board and for ensuring its effectiveness in all aspects of its role. In addition to the same responsibilities, duties and tasks as those of a trustee, the Chair plays a leading role in setting the Board’s strategic direction, creating a culture of accountability, improving performance and ensuring the highest standards of probity and governance.
The position of Chair carries the following specific key responsibilities:
- To ensure the good governance of the Charity, the effective functioning of the Board of Trustees to the highest standards complying with the Nolan Principles while providing effective Board leadership to deliver our vision, mission and values.
- Effective strategic oversight of the charity including objective scrutiny of the Charity’s affairs, it’s Board, Committees, Executive and their functions.
- To act as an ambassador for Sacro, promoting our interests regionally and nationally, raising our profile and promoting the interests of our service users.
- To safeguard the long-term future of Sacro, supporting the development of strategies that adapt to the changing market, diversification of services and new business opportunities.
- To develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), providing support and managing performance and development, holding them to account for the development of strategy and effective service delivery to meet the organisation’s strategic aims and objectives.
Terms of Appointment
Trustees are appointed for fixed terms of up to 3 years and may be re-appointed for a further term of up to 3 years.
The Chair, who is a member of the trustee body, can be appointed by the trustees to hold office for periods of 3 years, and is eligible for re-appointed for a further 3-year period (as above) provided their term of office as a trustee allows this. No Chair will be appointed for more than 2 terms of office.
Candidates should be available for approximately 3-4 days a month, worked flexibly.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion please contact Debbie Shields at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
To apply for this role, please click here. Our process involves submitting:
- Your CV
- A supporting statement, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role’s criteria
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, available for download below
Recruitment Process Dates
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th February 2022
Interviews: week commencing 7th March 2022