Viewpoint is uniquely placed. Providing a continuum of care and support as well as accommodation for older people, our services range from mainstream and sheltered housing through to end of life care in care home settings. We are the largest provider of sheltered housing in Edinburgh and with an annual turnover in excess of £15m we have been making a positive difference to the lives of older people since 1947.
Governed by a highly skilled voluntary Board we are registered with the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) as a Registered Social Landlord and as a charity with the Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator (OSCR). Our services are also regulated by the Care Inspectorate.
Through living our values and strong team work our 300 staff aim to provide exemplary standards of housing, support and care services.
- Inspire with positive smiles and words
- Say - yes I can and I will
- Celebrate age, experience and wisdom
- Do according to our customers’ wishes and ambitions
- Treat people (everyone is a VIP) as we would a ‘loved one’
- Work hard, have fun and laugh
- Stay courageous, creative and ahead of the game
- Work with those that share our values
Our Strategic Objectives
- Our people make great things happen
- Our finances will support the changing needs of the business
- We empower and support people to live as independently as they choose
- Our customers are at the heart of everything we do
- We provide great places where people choose to live
- We assert our influence to create an ever-improving environment for older people which meets their aspirations