POSTED Wednesday 11-10-23
Leading the Way for Emerging Leaders at Aspen People
Hello, I’m Kate! I am thrilled to introduce myself as a consultant here, sharing a bit about our background and why we are working with our specialist sectors’ Emerging Leaders at Aspen People. We’ll delve into what an emerging leader is, and our approach to this dynamic and essential market segment.
At Aspen, we are passionate about identifying, nurturing, and developing talent and we have noticed an increase in the number of clients seeking our guidance for middle management positions they have had difficulty filling on their own. Alongside my colleague, David Currie, we will be proactively working with clients and candidates to support them at this level.
Having been with Aspen now for two years, I have worked on my fair share of interesting roles and spoken to exceptional, enthusiastic individuals along the way. I have experience of managing the recruitment process, mapping out and following through a dedicated search process as well as process management and conducting interviews. We firmly believe in the power of leadership development, and that is why we’re excited to support in this space.
My colleague David and I will be working across all our six specialist sectors to ensure that we can support a talent pipeline of exceptional individuals, identify and mitigate risks and provide clients with advice on securing candidates at this level.
What is an Emerging Leader?
Emerging leaders are the driving force behind innovation and growth within an organisation. They are individuals who demonstrate the potential to move into leadership roles but may not yet hold formal managerial titles. These rising stars possess a unique blend of skills, including adaptability, a growth mindset, and the ability to inspire and collaborate effectively.
Check out what we feel is the value of having an emerging leader in your organisation:
At Aspen People, we recognise that nurturing future leadership talent is vital for the long-term success of any organisation. Here are some key reasons why we can provide a different approach to recruiting at this level:
- Focused search: What makes Aspen unique is our ability to map the market, identify and target individuals and approach them directly. As clients have found it difficult to generate candidates in the current market, we provide a proactive and focused approach that keeps candidate communication at the forefront. This includes utilising our wide network of professionals to place the right candidate in the right role. With significant experience in the field, we utilise the skills of an expert research team for complex search and selection and we have an extensive database.
- Adaptability: Candidates in this space often bring fresh perspective and innovative ideas to the table, and just like their adaptable nature, we believe that the recruitment process should be simultaneous. We will shape and guide our process to each client ensuring that we provide the best service possible for clients and candidates.
- Support and Guidance: We ensure a professional and seamless approach to communicating with both clients and candidates and maintain contact with candidates all the way through the process including feedback. Additionally, we provide advice and guidance to clients on interview and candidate management and insight into the market.
Four Key Pieces of Advice for Emerging Leaders
For those of you aspiring to become future leaders, here are four key pieces of advice to help you stand out:
- Continuous Learning: Embrace a lifelong learning mindset. Seek opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge, whether through formal education, mentorship, or additional study opportunities.
- Build Strong Relationships: Motivated candidates are the ones who cultivate relationships within and outside their organisation. Effective networking can open doors, provide valuable insights, and create collaborative opportunities. There are lots of networking events and professional bodies all over Scotland.
- Take Initiative: Don’t wait for leadership opportunities to be handed to you. Take the initiative to lead projects, propose innovative solutions, and demonstrate your value to the organisation. Better yet, reach out to us to discuss your skills and what opportunities might be out there.
- Embrace Feedback: Actively seek feedback from mentors, supervisors, and our consultants. Use constructive criticism as a tool for growth and improvement.
David and I are incredibly excited to be working with this candidate pool. Our focus on this dynamic market segment is rooted in the belief that developing the leaders of tomorrow is not just a strategic choice but a commitment to fostering growth, innovation, and success.
We look forward to working closely with all of you on this exciting journey, please reach out to us to chat further about our opportunities.
Kate and David