Fife Sports and Leisure Trust
LOCATION: Head Office, Music Institute, East Port, KY12 7JA
SALARY: £40,246 – £48,374 per year plus generous Ts & Cs
Fife Sports and Leisure Trust are looking for a Company Accountant to provide a comprehensive financial management and accounting service. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Governance, it is an exciting and varied role which covers all aspects of accounting and advice – setting budgets and review of monthly monitoring information with Managers and providing quarterly information to the Board of Directors, management of the company’s cash flow and other financial activities, and all aspects of financial accounting including provision of statutory returns e.g. VAT and leading the year end process including liaison with external auditors. The post will also provide advice and support to Managers, for example to develop business cases and provide financial governance to new projects.
To provide financial and commercial support to Management Teams and Directors including the management reporting, preparation of the budgets and forecasts and financial analysis on all aspects of the business
This is an operational and strategic role. The post holder will be tasked with ensuring the effective management of the finance function, including forecasting, reporting and budgeting. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate financial systems are in place to maximise efficiency while making sure that systems and processes are in line with business and regulatory requirements.
The post holder will have an understanding and experience of the challenges presented by working across a multi site and multi functional organisation with a strong customer services focus.
Fully Qualified Member of CCAB or equivalent qualification, e.g. CA/ACCA/CIMA
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Basic Disclosure certificate through Disclosure Scotland.
- Prepare information, in conjunction with Fife Council, for the final accounts and the production of all disclosed information on capital expenditure, income and expenditure accounts and reserves needed to ensure that accounts are prepared to final trial balance
- In conjunction with the Company’s contracted financial advisors, assist with the preparation of annual accounts ensuring compliance with relevant Company and Charitable legislation and completion of all statutory and statistical returns
- Liaise and work in conjunction with the Company’s contracted external auditors and internal auditors regarding issues relating to the financial activities of the Company
- Ensure in respect of all the Company’s financial transactions there is compliance with the legislative and regulatory requirements governing Companies, Charities and Trustees
- The preparation, in consultation with managers of budgets, their construction, analysis, monitoring and risk assessment
- The preparation of financial reports and project evaluations for the Chief Executive, the Executive Management Team, the Board of Directors and Centre Management Teams
- The preparation of management accounts, reconciliations, journals, pre-payments, accruals and period end processing
- The completion of submissions in respect of Corporation Tax (with assistance from the Company financial advisors) and VAT (partial exemption) returns and provision of advice to operational managers
- Liaising with the Company’s contracted external tax advisors in ensuring taxation compliance
- Compliance with treasury management policies and preparation of treasury and cash flow statements, bank reconciliations and cash flow forecast
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of project and investment initiative and corresponding preparation and submission of claims for funding
- Contribute to the delivery of effective systems, processes and controls to support the growth of the business
- Ad hoc exercises in relation to capital expenditure, planning and option appraisal
- Contribute towards budget saving exercises including the preparation and presentation of reports for Executive Management Team, the Board of Directors and Operational Management Teams
Experience of budget preparation and monitoring
Providing high quality financial information to non-financial managers
Considerable post qualifying experience
Providing financial service to a large organisation
Strong technical accounting skills
Ability to prepare accurate expenditure and income forecasts
Detailed knowledge of spreadsheet package
Working knowledge of capital expenditure and income processes within a local authority or Leisure Trust Environment
Strong customer focus
Ability to deliver continuous improvement
Ability to adapt to change
Ability to work in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities and deadlines
Ability to deliver financially related presentations and statistical information to Board and Senior Management
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (oral and written)
Develop good working relationships with team members, service contacts, and other accounting staff
Ability to provide a regular and effective service
More information can be found within the document below:
For a confidential discussion, please contact Catriona Mackie or Kate Kennedy at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
Your application should contain the following information:
- Up to date CV
- Supporting statement which answers the 4 application questions (these can be downloaded here – application questions).
Please upload your application below. We ask that you upload your application as one document (containing the above noted information).