Zero Waste Scotland
Stirling (but fully flexible)
Zero Waste Scotland is a leading body in Scotland that focuses on where we can have the greatest impact on climate change. They exist to advocate on how Scotland can use products and resources properly through evidence and insight. They inform policy and motivate individuals and business to embrace the environmental, economic, and social benefits of a circular economy, supporting Scotland on its journey toward Net Zero Carbon Emission.
Zero Waste Scotland are looking for a new Finance Manager to join the team. The Finance Manager will report into the Head of Finance and operate with a high level of autonomy by leading and managing the team and the day-to-day operations of the finance function. They will be involved in the provision and oversight of highly effective finance business partnering to colleagues across the organisation. Other responsibilities will include:
- Leading on preparation of annual and multi-year budgets.
- Overseeing the quality of all financial reporting and leading on a portfolio of financial reports including monthly management accounts.
- Overseeing the quality of all finance activities across the organisation, equipping the team to effectively partner the business and providing direct support within more complex or material areas.
- Line manages the Finance team providing guidance, support, development, and performance management, as appropriate.
- Support and lead on aspects of the organisations financial improvement and transformation agendas.
You will be a highly experienced accountant who can manage a team and steer the day-to-day financial operations. You will be a qualified accountant with strong project management experience. You’ll be experienced with running and developing budgets and financial planning and be knowledgeable about financial systems. You will understand the Finance Business Partner model and its contribution to end-to-end finance; working with areas of the business to make key decisions.
You don’t need to necessarily come from a third sector background but a passion for the values and the ethos of Zero Waste Scotland and climate change are vital.
More Information can be found within the below documents:
If you are an ambitious and confident accountant with an interest in what Zero Waste Scotland achieves, please get in touch with Kate Kennedy or Debbie Shields at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter below.
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th June 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 22nd June and Friday 24th June