Interim Project Manager – Estates
Our clients are seeking to appoint an Interim Project Manager to join their Estates Team for approximately 6 months, facilitating a period of transition. Reporting directly to the Head of Estates, they are in search of a skilled and experienced Project Manager capable of overseeing and coordinating capital works projects. The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful and timely delivery of college construction projects while rigorously adhering to budget constraints. This position also entails the promotion of environmentally sustainable practices, rigorous risk management, and unwavering compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Project Management: Assume the responsibility of overseeing capital works projects from their inception to completion, guaranteeing on-time delivery and adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Environmental Sustainability: Champion and execute environmentally sustainable practices, encompassing energy efficiency, green building standards, and eco-friendly initiatives, thereby contributing to a more sustainable and ecologically responsible college infrastructure.
- Risk Mitigation: Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with high-value estate projects, ensuring that issues are promptly addressed and resolved to avert project delays or cost overruns.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the Project Manager and Design Team consisting of estate and facilities professionals. This collaborative effort ensures that the expectations for high-quality outcomes and outputs are consistently met.
- Compliance: Guarantee that all projects align with the applicable laws, regulations, and codes concerning estates, facilities, and safety standards, maintaining a secure and compliant environment.
- Strategic Planning: Proficiency in strategic planning and project management is crucial for the efficient coordination and execution of complex construction projects.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, encompassing both written and verbal, are imperative for conveying project requirements, updates, and issues to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiation: The ability to negotiate effectively with contractors, suppliers, and other project stakeholders is vital for achieving successful project outcomes.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to cultivate and sustain positive working relationships with colleagues, contractors, and other pertinent parties.
- Sector Experience: Prior experience in the Education or Public sector is advantageous, as it provides an understanding of the unique challenges and requirements.
A degree in Estate Management, Facilities Management, or a related technical field is a prerequisite for this role. Furthermore, possessing relevant certifications or qualifications in project management and sustainability practices is desirable.
For additional details and a further discussion regarding this role, please get in touch with Nicole Hughes on 0141 212 7573 or 07920619864. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org