This is an exciting time to join our Management Committee as you will be able to help shape our new strategic plan for 2024 and beyond.
The Management Committee set our direction and associated strategies, monitor our performance and oversee risk and audit to ensure Loreburn are well-positioned to deliver GREAT outcomes for customers.
You will provide strong, focussed, governance to our organisation and bring a breadth of experience and specialist knowledge that helps shape our success.
We have two sub-committees that advise on aspects of our work; Audit and Compliance and People and Culture.
Board member position
We are seeking voluntary Board Members to help us deliver our services in Dumfries & Galloway.
Specifically, we are looking for new members with experience in:
- Corporate Governance – Performance management; Housing regulation
- Financial planning and strategic management
- Customer care and Digital service transformation.
These skills are sought to ensure we have a balanced group of individuals on our Board. Ideally you might also offer other experience in social housing or have a commercial background. More detail on the skills we require can be found below.
- Customer care & digital services
- Knowledge of areas, communities & communities of need in D&G
- Resident & service user involvement & scrutiny
- Complaints & feedback
- Health & wellbeing, social policy
- Care & support for elderly / vulnerable people
- Financial strategy, business planning
- Treasury management
- Accounting & external audit
- Efficiency & VFM
People & Culture
- HR / recruitment / remuneration / employment law
- Performance Management
- Strategic asset management, repairs & maintenance
General Business Skills
- Strategic partnership with other agencies & organisations
- General business / commercial management & business development
It is helpful if you have previous Non-Executive Board experience, but we can also provide support and training for the right person. Most importantly you will work collaboratively with other Board members and our Executive Team, care about our purpose, and be ambitious and enthusiastic for our future. We are looking for candidates who are interested in joining our sub-committees and as part of succession planning have an interest in office bearer positions.
The full role profile and person specification together with further information can be found at https://aspenpeople.co.uk/loreburn
For a confidential discussion contact David Currie or Nigel Fortnum on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please upload your CV and supporting statement. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview by matching the details given on their CV and supporting statement against the role profile and the person specification. We would therefore ask applicants to provide clear evidence to show how your experience, skills and knowledge match those requirements.
We would also be grateful if your supporting statement could include details of two referees (please note that referees will not be contacted until offer stage or without prior consent).