Category Manager (Property Services) – Maternity Cover
- c. £50k plus outstanding benefits package
- East Midlands
This position is now closed to applications.
Category Manager (Property Services)
East Midlands based
Interim maternity cover for 12 months
Circa £50k plus outstanding benefits package
This is a fantastic time to join a newly created function within a well-established, growing and progressive organisation, who are looking to appoint their new Category Manager for Property Services.
The role reports directly to the Head of Category Management and will be focused on developing and leading strategic sourcing programmes for nominated category, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- To support the Head of Procurement to create organisational excellence in procurement and purchasing.
- To develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
- To ensure contract compliance, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
- To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
- Senior level stakeholder engagement to support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
The right candidate will have significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising of advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and business accounting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this newly formed and developing procurement function, where your input will have a huge impact and effect on how the team operates in this innovative, evolving organisation.
For a confidential discussion please call Nigel Fortnum or Gayle Williamson on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please submit your CV.