Chartered Planning Consultant
- c.25,000 – 40,000 DOE
This position is now closed to applications.
Based in Cumbria, Penrith Farmer’s & Kidd’s (PFK) is a private plc. They operate across the property services sector including Residential Estate Agency, Commercial Property, Land Agency, Lettings, Sale Room, Survey and Valuation, in addition to the Planning Consultancy. With over 140 years of successful trading history their innovative approach makes them a leader in the sector. They have a number of regional offices throughout Cumbria – this role will be based in Carlisle.
PFK have a growing private Planning Consultancy and are looking to recruit a motivated and ambitious Planning Consultant who will work on a range of planning applications from new builds to listed buildings. The role will also cover:
- Processing of planning, advertisement consent, listed building applications and all other planning matters.
- Undertake site inspections and consultations as necessary, in accordance with agreed targets, timescales and priorities on behalf of the client.
- Local Plan representations and 5 year supply investigations;
- Dealing with post-decision matters such as discharge of conditions, advising on re-submissions and minor amendments.
- Dealing with all planning related queries in person, by telephone, email, letter and being the first point of contact for all clients.
- Prepare the clients representations for planning appeals and handle ongoing negotiations and correspondence.
- Business development.
This opportunity presents itself to a Chartered Town Planner with at least 2 years professional planning experience. This experience can be demonstrated either within a consultancy or public sector working environment, but must show a knowledge of working in a variety of sectors.. Appropriate Town Planning qualifications are required with Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or appropriate qualifications to undertake the Assessment of Professional Competence.
You will need to show excellent communication and interpersonal skills and also have good attention to detail and the ability to understand technical drawings. You will be required to work both as a team and independently. The successful candidate will also require a driving licence.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Ray Williamson or Mike Orr at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
To apply, please complete the short form below and submit your CV and covering letter. If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement please contact Kelsey Sinclair on 0141 212 7555.