Depute Managing Director
Depute Managing Director
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000
4.5 working day week
The Ridge aims to provide local, effective, personalised and holistic support for local people to help them move beyond dependency towards contribution and fulfilment. In Dunbar and the surrounding villages it can be especially hard to find jobs, and to access support and training. The problems faced by the more vulnerable members of our community, whether it be substance abuse, mental health issues, or issues arising from poverty, are all exacerbated by these access barriers.
Across the Ridge, we aim to respond to these challenges by creating jobs and training opportunities, primarily in Dunbar. We value our local heritage, in terms of both the natural and the built environment and want to make sure that the current and future generations are able to appreciate and care for it.
Some of the great work The Ridge does to achieve their aim includes providing training and support to help people find gainful employment locally, protecting their local environmental heritage by creating a training garden within the historic Backlands site and protecting their local built heritage by creating a base of skills and knowledge to carry out restoration and maintenance of historic buildings.
The Ridge has a unique opportunity for a Depute Managing Director to join our newly restructured senior managment team, at an exciting time of expansion and change for the whole organisation. This post will represent the second tier of executive management within the Ridge and will report directly into the Ridge Managing Director.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Managing Director, to ensure the direction of strategy towards the fulfilment of the charitable purposes and operation of The Ridge
- Resourcing line report teams and associated projects
- Identifying and developing funding/income generation opportunities across relevant Ridge functions
- Ensuring health and safety of Ridge staff, volunteers, contractors, clients and visitors to Ridge sites, through compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Liaison with external stakeholders (including politicians and funders) to ensure ongoing support and effective continuing collaboration
About the person
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of senior management
- Have experience of working in either the training/education or social sector
- Have experience of financial management
- Have experience of fundraising
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a flexible, positive and creative attitude
- Have experience of working in the third sector
- Understand and support the social aims of the Ridge
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is people-centred and enjoys strong working relationships to join a warm supportive environment committed to supporting Dunbar’s local community.
The Ridge is a Scottish Incorporated Charitable Organisation, with a wholly-owned trading subsidiary, the Ridge Foundations Community Interest Company. To find out more about the Ridge, visit www.the-ridge.org.uk
Further information on the role can be found at https://aspenpeople.co.uk/theridge
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lauryn Pringle or Debbie Shields at Aspen People on 0141 212 7571.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd September
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter as one document via the apply button.