Edinburgh Food Project
£32,000-£38,000 – Pro rata
The Edinburgh Food Project was set up with a purpose to provide emergency food supplies and support people in crisis, working with partners and communities to address underlying cause of food poverty. Established in 2012 and supporting the people of Edinburgh and the surrounding areas, the Edinburgh Food Project have conducted extensive research to identify the support needs of the community helping to break the cycle of food poverty. Alongside their seven foodbanks, the project operates a money advice service and holistic all-round support to the community.
To provide support to the community and beyond, Edinburgh Food Project are looking to appoint a new Finance Manager. Joining them for 4 days a week, the new Finance Manager will be the strategic and operational lead for the finance of the organisation. They will also have responsibility for the:
- Day to day management of the finance function, ensuring effective controls are in place.
- Preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with the Director and the Finance Sub-Committee.
- Review and report on budgets monthly, producing management accounts, reports and forecasts for the Director and Finance Sub Committee.
- Oversee the annual accounts process to ensure the accounts are prepared to OSCR and accounting standards.
- Responsibility for payroll and compliance with HMRC and pension requirements.
- Responsibility for the finance, HR, payroll, and pension systems, ensuring any upgrades and future developments are carried out in a timely manner.
You will be passionate about supporting a community project that provides all-round support to the community and vulnerable people in need. Experience of financial management is necessary with familiarity with charity law and regulations as well as setting budgets and managing monthly accounts. You will be hands on and willing to be part of a small but supportive team, working closely with the Director to maintain the project.
If you would like the opportunity to be right at the heart of a small charity, please get in touch with Kate Kennedy or Debbie Shields on 0141 212 7555.