General Financial Planner
General Financial Planner
£-Excellent Salary with Benefits
Our client is the leading independent water retailer in the UK, suppling hundreds of thousands of businesses, charities and public bodies throughout England and Scotland.
This opportunity will enable the role holder to lead and develop all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis throughout an important and rapid period of transition and Group transformation. The applicant should be a technically strong financial modeler with experience of building, maintaining and reviewing financial models in a commercial setting.
Reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller, this position will also partner with the organisation’s Executive Board Members and Group Senior Managers to drive operational and finance performance.
The Group has undergone and continues to go through an exciting period of rapid expansion and change. There is now a need and recognition that the business requires a highly motivated individual who can demonstrate experience of working within a high growth corporate environment.
You will have input into developing change activity across finance systems, processes and controls with the aim of optimising efficiency and cost effectiveness. You must also possess excellent communication and presentations skills to support high level and strategic Board level decisions.
Other responsibilities would include:
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis during the production of consolidated financial and management accounts, and annual accounts, completion of budgets and cash flow reviews help accelerate the Group’s reporting to PLC timelines.
- Assist with developing, maintaining and reviewing financial models used to support the business’s strategic planning.
- Assist with development and roll out of policies for all aspects of financial management, including budgets, compliance with regulations, risk capturing and risk management and the associated reporting and discussion at Board level ideally, financial accounts and reporting and other financial controls and procedures.
- Demonstrate leadership over the course of time, the company’s finance team in Blairgowrie but also sites such as Ayr; a strong people and values orientated individual.
- Work closely with the senior stakeholders to deliver a first class commercial, operational and strategic finance service to the business.
- Support the Group with technical accounting issues linked to the Group’s strategic expansion plans (e.g. acquisition, corporate restructuring and consolidation).
- Support the Group to continually develop and enhance management information and key metrics to validate business performance and progress.
- Work with and build strong relationships with several finance and non- finance stakeholders across the Group.
- Work with BU’s on annual planning and five-year strategic outlook.
- Monitor cash-flow, accounts and other financial transactions.
- Identify and address performance issues using systematic approach to resolve major/ highly complex/ long term problems.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintain adequate accounting records lending to credibility and traceability.
- Comfortable with SAGE 200.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and previous experience with building, maintaining and reviewing Excel based financial models.
- Experience working with large data sets desired (SQL and/or data visualisation tools).
- An ability to demonstrate integrity and liability
The ideal applicant will have experience within the Financial Services/Utilities sector, be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) and hold extensive post qualification experience either in the profession or in a large commercial environment.
You must possess exceptional financial acumen, technical ability and have the capacity and confidence to work alongside senior business stakeholders. In return this position offers a highly competitive salary, bonus and an excellent benefits package which would include relocation support for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion about the opportunity, please contact Nigel Fortnum at Aspen People on 0141 212 7555.