Excellent Salary and Benefits Package
Lawrie and Symington are one of Scotland’s leading livestock auctioneers and valuers, with a history dating back to 1862, and offering a range of services including livestock marketing, property sales, farming, commercial property & retail. Lawrie and Symington have an ambitious progressive board, who now seek to appoint a new MD who can realise the full potential of the business, whilst maintaining the company’s reputation for quality, integrity, and innovation.
As the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the strategic direction and operational performance of the company, ensuring that it continues to deliver excellent service to its customers and stakeholders. You will also be the face of the company, representing it at industry events and building relationships with key partners. You will lead a team of dedicated and professional staff, fostering a culture of collaboration, excellence, and continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A proven track record of senior leadership in a relevant sector, such as agri-business, rural affairs, or auctioneering
- A strong understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the agricultural industry in Scotland and beyond.
- A strategic mindset and the ability to develop and implement a clear vision for the future of the company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with a diverse range of audiences.
- A commitment to the values and ethos of Lawrie and Symington, as well as the wider rural community.
- Above all you will have an ambitious mindset and commercial acumen to deliver the boards vision for growth.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a prestigious and respected company that plays a vital role in the Scottish Rural sector. You will have the chance to make a significant impact on the future of the company and the industry, as well as enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Nigel Fortnum, Katharine Price or Danielle Cairney at Aspen People, who are managing this recruitment process on behalf of the board of Lawrie and Symington on 01412127555.
Closing date: Friday 27th October 2023
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter as one document via the apply button.