- c.£80,000 plus package
- Central Belt, Scotland
This position is now closed to applications.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Executive to join our client, a highly successful food manufacturing company, at an exciting time in their growth plans. The role will report to and collaborate with the Managing Director to develop and execute operating strategies, and is charged with co-ordinating these efforts across the company.
As a core member of the Senior Management Team, the successful candidate will provide management and leadership to all operational departments of the business. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic leadership style the Operations Director will provide the vision necessary to ensure that the Company has the proper operational controls and procedures in place to effectively continue the growth of the organisation and ensure financial strength and drive operating efficiency. You will engage with key stakeholders across the company, driving business transformation as well as supporting their growth and development. You will provide leadership to the Operational functions and their teams, ensuring that clear targets are identified and achieved.
The appointed Operations Director will have overall responsibility for manufacturing, quality, engineering, project management and hygiene activities for a team of circa 150.
- Key member of the Senior Management Team playing a key part in the growth of the business.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for running the Operations and have overall responsibility for manufacturing, quality, engineering, project management and hygiene activities for a team of circa 150.
- Review operations to identify and implement a strategic pathway towards higher efficiency, streamlining and reducing unit processing and production costs.
- Ensure that the values and requirements of the customers and stakeholders are communicated, understood and adhered to at all times by the business operation, and the integrity of the company are upheld to the highest level.
- Formulate and agree the Operations revenue and capital expenditure budget plans which form an integral part of the overall Business Plan.
- Provide leadership, motivation and inspiration to the team, coaching the team to create a similar positive culture throughout all departments.
- Drive, manage and achieve the business Operational objectives and ensure that these are aligned to the overall business strategy.
Key Experience – Technical & Personal
- Degree educated or equivalent with strong executive management level experience ideally in a significantly sized food, beverages or FMCG business
- Analytical thinking, excellent problem solving skills and ability to explain complex issues to different levels in the company.
- Demonstrated success in managing an operations function through a transformation programme with continuous improvement implementation, preferably with multi-site exposure.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, adapting style easily from board room to factory.
- Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- An energetic, engaging and dynamic personality, displaying significant gravitas and leadership to empower team.
- Excellent strategic skills combined with pragmatic operational skills and the ability to get things done.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jules Pearson on 0141 212 7555.
To apply please complete the short form below and upload your CV.
If you do not receive an automatic acknowledgement, please contact Kelsey Sinclair on 0141 212 7555.